So when I first started my blog journey, I stumbled across this beaut of a recipe and thought I would try it out on the man in my life – he is a fiend for Carluccio’s Bakewell Tarts.
I must admit that the recipe was extremely simple however, I had to triple the original measurements to make sure I had enough to feed all the mouths I had promised to feed! This is probably due to the fact much of the batter is doubled over on itself so you need quite a bit! I also missed out extra almonds which I think it could definitely have done with!
Serving Suggestion: Next time I make these delightful bites I think I will try adding some almond paste to give it even more of a Bakewell flavour!
1. Preheat the oven to 178°C
2. Butter one baking tin and then set aside for later
3. Put the oats, flour and ground almonds in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
4. Pour in the melted butter and syrup and then stir until all the oats are coated
5. Split the sticky mix into two!
6. Spoon half the mix into the baking tray and smooth over with a spoon
7. Spread a layer of jam/ blitzed raspberries on top of the mix. Be very generous with the jam to make sure you get an oozy centre after baking! Also, try to keep it away from the edges as the jam will burn easily in the oven!
8. Spread the other half of oat mix on top and smooth down
9. Put in the oven for around 25 mins, till it turns golden brown.
10. Leave it to cool in the tin for around 10 minutes
11. Once cool and firm, cut into generous squares and serve with fresh berries. For added guilty pleasures, do what I did and serve hot with cold ice cream, ooft!
I gave these flapjacks to my boyfriend, his housemates, my work pals and my landlord. I received zero complaints and had zero leftovers. These are a winner for all the sweet tooth’s out there! Try them and let me know how yours turned out!
Thanks to http://www.FebGirl.co.uk for this delicious recipe!