It’s difficult to believe we’re nearly two weeks into 2014 – and I’m still writing 2013! As you may have read in my New Years Resolution Post, I am giving something up each month of the year, starting with the ever so lethal – Alcohol.
So far, I haven’t struggled. There have only been a handful of occasions where alcohol has been present:
1. A lovely Sunday meal with my landlord and family
Red wine and Port were the only options. I wouldn’t say they are my most favoured of drinks and therefore, didn’t interest me! We were also playing Cranium and I needed my wits about me to make sure I won!!!
2. The free bar at work (every Friday)
So I faced the free bar for the first time yesterday. Being an unpaid intern, I usually take advantage of the freebies where I can. However, this time around I opted for a Diet Coke and a packet of Doritos before making a swift exit!
It hasn’t been particularly difficult, yet. Emphasis on, yet! Over the past week, I have been offered a new job and will be leaving London in the next few days – crazy! Saying Adios to all of my amigos stone cold sober isn’t exactly how I envisaged my dramatic exit from the city, but I will try my hardest to keep the umbrella up and stay dry!
For those of you doing the same, here are a few of my top tips for keeping off the booze:
– If you’re a G+T lover like myself, drink the tonic water! That way you will feel like you’re having an alcoholic beverage.
– Remember, you do not need alcohol to have a good time! Think of all the laughs you’ll get watching you’re best friend drunkenly twerk!
– Keep reminding yourself THERE WILL BE NO HANGOVER TOMORROW.
– To stay awake throughout the night, drink some Redbull!
– Dance your pants off – think of the calories you will burn
– Pretend to be drunk, by 2am, nobody will know the difference!
– Finally, peer pressure is for school days. Stay strong.
I wish you all the best of luck! – Let me know how you get on!