After a massive binge day, I figured I needed something clean and fresh to eat for my dinner! This is a recipe I came up with whilst attempting to use up all of my bits and pieces in the fridge! It’s super easy, super healthy and just 215 calories per burger! If that’s too many calories for you (crazy person) use low fat cheese or remove the cheese completely! You could also substitute regular breadcrumbs for Panko.
Either way, this cheesy, ooey gooey burger feels terribly naughty and… who doesn’t look a little naughtiness in the kitchen? Enjoy everyone!
1 medium sweet potato
1/2 floret of broccoli
Tbsp green pesto
1 slice mozzarella
1 slice goat’s cheese
4 tbsp breadcrumbs
Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220°. Cook the sweet potato until tender (either microwave or steam for 5-6 minutes). Do the same with the broccoli!
2. Blend the two together. It doesn’t need to be a smooth mixture, I used a masher to do mine!
3. Add a pinch of salt, pepper, breadcrumbs and mix well.
4. Using the mixture make four fairly wide and flat patties. On two of the patties add a blob of pesto, half a slice of mozzarella and goat’s cheese.
5. To complete, lay the two remaining patties on top and mold the edges together to create the burger formation.
6. Stick em’ in the oven for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.