Floating from shop to shop helplessly gazing at beautiful bikinis and wishing that they flattered you like they do the skinny mannequin. But let’s face it, we’re women! We’re women and we will never be happy stripping off and flaunting all. We need to get bikini ready! It’s not an easy task and it takes time and effort – both physically and emotionally.
Here are my tips for getting bikini ready:
– Crash dieting isn’t going to work. A few months before your holiday, start to get into the habit of healthy eating. This doesn’t mean cutting out the chocolates and biscuits – everything in moderation! It means, avoiding huge portions of food, drinking plenty of water and getting your vitamin intake. You’ll feel revitalised and refreshed in no time!
– Weights are your friend. I’ve said this before on the blog but I can’t stress it enough so I’m saying it again – weights are your friend!! You think you wobble when you walk? Weights will both burn calories and help tighten those loose bits!
– Find a bikini that flatters your shape. There are tonnes of styles out there and loads of them aim to flatter! You might not be able to head to Primark for the perfect look – you have to pay for flattery! High waisted bikinis are a great muffin-top shield. If your boobs are the issue, why not try a maximising top? Also – don’t be completely against the swimsuit, some can be terribly slimming!
– It’s a state of mind. You might be the skinniest person alive, but unless you feel confident in yourself, you won’t feel confident baring all! Spend time to prim and prep; A bikini wax, a mani and pedi, go and get that summer haircut and invest in some waterproof make-up. Focus on your positives and each day, remind yourself that that part of you is smokin’ hot! In time, you might – just might – forget about your flaws. After all, nobody is perfect!
– Finally, if all this sounds like a regurgitation of everything you’ve ever read in a girls mag then… Have a cry, feel fat and ugly, waste your time and energy on tears because you don’t fit into society’s imaginary “ideal”. Or… Put on your bikini and say “Fuck it, I’m a hot piece of ass and if they don’t think it, at least I do!” and in the words of Harry Winston – People will stare, make it worth their while…