I took a night off from the gym and decided to treat myself to some baking. I love baking – it allows me to relax and put my concentration into making something beautiful! I’m definitely not a pro baker – baking is far too meticulous for me, I like to throw things together and hope they work out! Hence the reason I used oats to make these bad boys.
Not only are oats better for you than flour, but they require very little attention!
These cookys are fairly guilt free (unless you eat them all in one go like me) and are packed with protein and vitamins from the fruits! I even added some dark chocolate for a little added danger! You don’t have to add the protein, that’s just for the gym freaks amongst us!
So, how did I make these ooey gooey oaty cookys? (I know I’m spelling it wrong, it’s meant to be cute and quirky)
Splash of Unsweetened Almond Milk
1-2 Scoops Whey Protein Powder (I used vanilla – feel free to experiment)
4 Squares Green & Blacks 85% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, chopped (you can use any chocolate, 85% cocoa can be very overpowering!)
6 Large Strawberries
– Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with some greaseproof paper
– Blend the bananas up until they’re pretty free of lumps. Feel free to do this with a fork/masher if you don’t have a blender!
– Add a splash of almond milk to help loosen up
– Mix in the cinnamon and protein powder
– Add porridge oats until the wet mixture is completely soaked up – but still malleable
– Add the chocolate chips and half of the strawberries, finely chopped
– Form small balls, place on baking tray and press down gently.
– Using up the remaining strawberries, chop them in half and push into the top of each cookie
– Bake until the edges begin to brown (roughly 10 minutes) The bigger the balls, the longer it takes! – there’s definitely a joke in there somewhere.
This recipe is incredibly easy to adapt. Change the chocolate, add some fruit, fill with a spoonful of peanut butter or nutella, or both! The oats are your oyster!
I hope you all enjoy them!