Lately, I’ve been really focused on eating plenty, keeping fit and staying healthy. Part of my regime is to get in at least 90g of protein per day; I also like a sweet treat that won’t harm my waistline!
Alas, Banana PB Protein Muffins were born! I used the recipe from Dashing Dish as a base and then added the peanut butter (cause I could quite frankly marry peanut butter!!) and it adds a little more protein and fats to the muffin! You could easily add in some dried fruit, chocolate chips, coco powder or adapt protein flavours…anything!
– 1 large banana
– 6 egg whites
– 122g low fat greek yoghurt
– 67g oats
– 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 12 tsp peanut butter (optional)
Method (makes 12 muffins)
– Pre-heat the oven to 175°C
– Line muffin tin with foil or spray with non-stick cooking spray
– Blend all ingredients (excluding peanut butter) until you have a smooth batter
– Divide mixture into muffin tins
– Place one teaspoon of peanut butter into each cup
– Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown
You should now have a gooey, banana’y, protein’y packed sweet snack!